Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson Dead


5:32 Pm. WSJ alert! I thought the market lost 400 points. Instead I found out the world has lost MJ.
I suspected OD; the article said cardiac arrest. Well, I might still be right.

Anyways, however mixed up or eccentric this man child was, we've lost an incredible entertainer/musical genius. One, that in my opinion ranks up there with the likes of the Beatles and Elvis. I find the news of MJ's sudden death very sad and disturbing. I grew up with his music. There isn't a Michael Jackson song that I hear that doesn't remind me of a certain time of my life. And I'm sure that goes for many.

I don't know if he was a creepy pedophile, maybe he was just a perpetual little boy trapped in a man's body, who never ever got to live his childhood as a boy and was desperately trying to. A naivety of sorts. A true Peter Pan who was severely misunderstood and tortured in his own mind.

He certainly touched the lives of millions of children, metaphorically, I mean. He will forever be remembered for his music and the moonwalk.

R.I.P. Michael, you are missed.....................

No comments: